Fort Lauderdale Prescription Drug Injury Attorney
When used correctly, prescription drugs treat conditions effectively and save lives. However, human errors in prescribing, dispensing, or administering these powerful medications can cause devastating harm. Fort Lauderdale prescription drug error attorneys at Freedland Harwin Valori Gander have over 20 years of experience compassionately handling cases of medication error injuries. Our dedicated lawyers help grieving families understand legal options and maximize compensation.
Table of Contents
As a patient, you want to trust prescriptions given to you by a medical professional. When a medical professional violates your trust and negligently prescribes a drug that results in harm to you or a loved one, you may be feeling angry, scared, and in search of justice. You’re not alone. Preventable medication errors harm over 7 million unsuspecting Americans annually, costing over $40 billion to care for affected patients.
If negligence with prescription drugs has harmed you or a loved one in Fort Lauderdale, you likely have grounds to file a legal claim. The Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyers at Freedland Harwin Valori Gander have over two decades of experience representing those harmed by medication errors. Our compassionate attorneys provide trusted legal guidance when clients need it most after these events. Contact our dedicated Fort Lauderdale prescription drug error attorneys for a free consultation if prescription drug error negligence has caused you harm.
Should You Hire an Attorney for Prescription Drug Error?
The aftermath of harm or death of a loved one due to medical negligence, such as prescription errors, is traumatic. Some may question whether taking legal action is necessary during such a difficult, personal time. Holding health providers and institutions accountable for dangerous medical mistakes can prevent the same errors from hurting more patients. Litigation can also help secure critical compensation to move forward.
Here are some reasons why hiring experienced attorneys is so crucial after these incidents:
- Build a strong case: Experienced attorneys have the resources and knowledge to gather strong evidence and build a strong claim. Attorneys can also consult and retain experts, if needed, to bolster your claim.
- Negotiate a settlement:A skilled attorney will deploy negotiation tactics learned from experience to help reach a fair settlement amount.
- File court papers and pursue litigation:Competent attorneys understand the ins and outs of litigation. They know the laws and procedures, including deadlines, to help you file your lawsuit properly and on time.
- Skilled advocacy:The legal process after medical errors is complex, emotionally and practically. A knowledgeable attorney will guide you through each step, from building strong legal arguments to communicating with insurance companies. In addition, a lawyer can advocate for you during settlement negotiations and court proceedings.
Focus on your recovery without worrying about the complex laws and legal procedures involved in medical malpractice cases. Hire a skilled Fort Lauderdale medication error attorney to get the legal help and support you need.
At FHVG, we have a wealth of experience representing the victims of medical malpractice. We have an extensive track record of going up against large corporations to obtain record-setting settlements and verdicts, making us the best choice for your prescription drug error lawsuit. Our team’s desire to help others is at the heart of our practice. Let us help you, too. We work on a contingency basis, meaning we only take compensation if we get you the settlement you deserve.
How Long Do You Have To File a Claim for a Medication Error Injury in Fort Lauderdale?
Florida law sets strict deadlines for filing personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuits seeking compensation. This applies to prescription drug error cases.
Victims have two years from the date of injury, with a few exceptions. Exceptions include the so-called discovery rule, which gives you two years from when you discover or should have discovered your injury. If you didn’t immediately realize that a medical professional’s negligence has harmed you, this exception gives you additional time to file suit. Meeting this deadline is crucial. If you file too late, you may lose your right to sue. Therefore, contacting an attorney as soon as possible after the incident is key.
Talk to our Fort Lauderdale medication error lawyers now, even if you are undecided about filing a lawsuit. We offer free consultations and can evaluate the options available, considering the specifics of your case.
Who Is Liable for Prescription Medication Injury?
Prescription drug distribution involves many players with complex interlinked processes. Medication errors causing injury can occur at multiple points—from prescribing an inappropriate medication and providing improper dosage instructions to administering the drugs negligently and failing to monitor the effects. When negligence results in harm, several parties across the supply chain can be held legally liable.
The following are some of the potentially liable parties and their corresponding failures in Fort Lauderdale prescription medication error cases:
- Inadequately reviewing the patient’s history
- Prescribing improper medicine or dosages
- Providing inadequate directions
- Missing warnings of interactions
Nurses and Caregivers
- Administering the wrong drug or dosage amount
- Failing to check for adverse reactions or interactions
Pharmacies and Technicians
- Providing inaccurate dosing information or labeling
- Dispensing improper medicine or strength
- Failing to warn of potential interactions
Hospitals and Facilities
- Committing systemic administration errors
- Improperly training staff
- Failing to implement proper safety protocols
- Manufacturing defective drugs
- Providing insufficient labeling and dosage guidelines regarding risks
- Withholding known dangers from the public and doctors
To succeed in an injury claim, you must identify the responsible parties and all the negligent actions, errors, and oversights they made that caused your injury.
Available Damages in Prescription Medication Injury Lawsuits
When negligence results in injury or death, affected patients and their families suffer economically and emotionally. You can claim economic damages, which cover the verifiable costs resulting from your injury, and non-economic damages, which compensate for the harder-to-quantify impacts of your life.
Economic damages include:
- Medical bills for initial treatment through rehabilitation
- Lifelong care costs, such as therapies and accessibility needs
- Lost income and benefits
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and loss of enjoyment of life activities
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of companionship
Our experienced attorneys help families secure rightful compensation, providing the means to move forward after grievous losses. At Freedland Harwin Valori Gander, our record of results speaks for itself. Some notable recoveries for clients harmed by prescription drug errors include the following:
- $12.2 million settlement for a family whose loved one died from the side effects of a dangerous medication
- $6.5 million settlement for the family of a man who died from respiratory arrest caused by an overprescribed medication
- $8.3 million settlement for a woman who suffered permanent side effects from an improperly tested medication
- $2 million settlement for a man who suffered a severe stroke after his medical providers failed to give him the correct anticoagulation medication
If you or a loved one was injured due to a prescription drug error, you need a prescription drug injury attorney in Fort Lauderdale on your side. Many of our attorneys have backgrounds in medical malpractice defense, giving them a unique perspective and an edge when fighting for our clients.
We’re here to help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable attorneys, who can answer your questions about our services.
Contact a Medication Error Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale for a Free Case Evaluation
The dedicated prescription drug error lawyers in Fort Lauderdale at FHVG are here to support families. For over 20 years, we have aggressively fought for fair compensation for our clients after negligence—while you focus on healing. Our award-winning lawyers recovered over $2.6 billion for injured clients and remain committed to preventing such errors from harming more families.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations to review your medication error case and advise on customized legal options. Put our 20+ years of experience to work for you. Take the first step and call our compassionate attorneys, or schedule a free case review anytime, anywhere.
free consultation anytime, anywhere.
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED
Damages Jury Verdict on behalf of the family of a 34-year-old woman who bled to death during childbirth. With the assistance of top experts, we were able to demonstrate that doctors did not follow proper safety protocols, forcing the defendants to admit liability shortly before trial.
A settlement won on behalf of the family of a 47 year old woman whose death resulted from the use of a dangerous pharmaceutical drug. We proved the manufacturer knew of the dangerous side effects & did not provide proper warning.
A settlement on behalf of a child who suffered a brain injury as a result of oxygen deprivation during birth. Through years of tactical and technical litigation, we were able to prove that the nurses and physicians both failed to intervene and prevent the brain injury.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
A settlement on behalf of a middle-aged man who was read ended by a waste management truck.
NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE
A settlement on behalf of the family of an elderly man who died as a result of being neglected and uncared for by a nursing home.
I met Dan when I was in therapy and he came and right away it felt like a family member visiting you, a connection, like a brother. He’s been on both sides of the fence. He’s represented the hospitals and the doctors, and then he jumped over to the other side. It is a fantastic group, it was like Bell Belichick leading the team. They changed my life and still check on me. I recommend FHV to anybody and they thank me.
I met Dan about a year ago. He never made me feel that it was about the money. When he spoke with me he was asking how Bill (my brother) was and if he was doing better. He made me feel like family and always asked if I was alright. That means a lot. Everyday is something new and I challenge for my brother. I would recommend [FHV] to everybody because I really believe that they’re helping from their hearts… from a really good place.
For anyone to represent anyone for 5 years and take the time to do it, not once just “get it out of the way” and “get it done with”. It was about what was best for Hunter and our family. It was about the case and the people.