Bus Accident Attorney
Table of Contents
Buses are designed to be one of the safest means of transportation available. Bus drivers are trained operate the large vehicles, and are responsible for the lives of many. Unfortunately however, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) found that there were 32,166 incidents of fatal large vehicle accidents throughout the country in 2015, approximately 12% of which involving a bus or large truck. Yet accidents that are not fatal can still impose serious damages, and the attorneys at Freedland Harwin Valori, P.L. are here to help you seek financial compensation for bus accident-related damages.
Who is Liable For a Bus Accident?
Who is liable in the event of a crash may depend on the type of bus that was involved. If you or your child was on a school bus, you might have grounds to purse legal action against the school or the city (if it was a public-school bus). You may also seek action against the city if you were riding on a form of public transportation such as a city bus. There may also be a private company liable for your crash. This would be the case if you were on a privately owned tour bus, charter bus, or party bus. Possible defendants include:
- A governmental entity. You may need to file a claim with the appropriate governmental entity if the bus you were on at the time of your crash was owned or managed by a municipality. Seeking action against the government in Florida is possible, but it comes with specific rules and limitations. The main thing to know is that there are strict deadlines that apply.
- The driver or the bus company. The bus operator or company that maintained the bus. Bus companies are liable for crashes if they contributed, such as through improper employee training or poor bus maintenance. They are also liable for the actions of on-duty employees, including bus drivers and maintenance crews. If your bus driver caused the crash through careless, distracted, drunk, drowsy, or otherwise negligent driving, you can likely seek damages from one of these entities.
- A Third party. Another driver on the roadway, a fellow passenger, a bus defective manufacturer, or a roadway maintenance crew could have all played a role in your crash. Consider the possibilities of pursuing lawsuits against one or more parties for your related damages with help from one of our Florida attorneys.
Identifying the correct defendant(s) is part of what your attorney will do on your behalf. Our lawyers will investigate your accident, talk to eyewitnesses, inspect the bus, identify responsible entities, and bring an insurance or personal injury claim as appropriate. We will do the work, so you can focus on your health. Take matters into your own hands by retaining a lawyer as soon as possible after suffering injuries in a Florida bus crash.
Help is Available
Retaining an attorney takes the work and pressure off you, so you can focus on getting better while someone else pursues recovery for you. Freedland Harwin Valori, PL operates on a contingency-fee basis, so you don’t pay a penny unless we secure you financial compensation. Speak with us today for your complimentary evaluation.
free consultation anytime, anywhere.
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED
- BIKE ACCIDENTS
- BRAIN INJURY
- BUS ACCIDENTS
- CHEMICAL BURNS
- DAYCARE INJURIES
- DELIVERY TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT VICTIMS
- ELDER ABUSE
- ELECTROCUTION INJURIES
- HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENTS
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
- NEGLIGENT SECURITY
- PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
- PLAYGROUND ACCIDENTS
- PREMISES LIABILITY
- SEXUAL ABUSE
- SPINE INJURY
- TEXTING AND DRIVING ACCIDENTS
- TRAIN ACCIDENTS
- TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- UBER OR RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS
- UNDERINSURED MOTORIST ACCIDENTS
- WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
Damages Jury Verdict on behalf of the family of a 34-year-old woman who bled to death during childbirth. With the assistance of top experts, we were able to demonstrate that doctors did not follow proper safety protocols, forcing the defendants to admit liability shortly before trial.
A settlement won on behalf of the family of a 47 year old woman whose death resulted from the use of a dangerous pharmaceutical drug. We proved the manufacturer knew of the dangerous side effects & did not provide proper warning.
A settlement on behalf of a child who suffered a brain injury as a result of oxygen deprivation during birth. Through years of tactical and technical litigation, we were able to prove that the nurses and physicians both failed to intervene and prevent the brain injury.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
A settlement on behalf of a middle-aged man who was read ended by a waste management truck.
NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE
A settlement on behalf of the family of an elderly man who died as a result of being neglected and uncared for by a nursing home.
I met Dan when I was in therapy and he came and right away it felt like a family member visiting you, a connection, like a brother. He’s been on both sides of the fence. He’s represented the hospitals and the doctors, and then he jumped over to the other side. It is a fantastic group, it was like Bell Belichick leading the team. They changed my life and still check on me. I recommend FHV to anybody and they thank me.
I met Dan about a year ago. He never made me feel that it was about the money. When he spoke with me he was asking how Bill (my brother) was and if he was doing better. He made me feel like family and always asked if I was alright. That means a lot. Everyday is something new and I challenge for my brother. I would recommend [FHV] to everybody because I really believe that they’re helping from their hearts… from a really good place.
For anyone to represent anyone for 5 years and take the time to do it, not once just “get it out of the way” and “get it done with”. It was about what was best for Hunter and our family. It was about the case and the people.