Child Injuries from Daycare
Table of Contents
Daycares and other licensed child care providers have a responsibility to keep the children under their care safe. License holders have a duty to provide a safe environment and ensure that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect children from harm. When they fail to uphold that responsibility, they may be liable for the injuries suffered by a child.
What is Negligent Supervision?
Many daycare injuries result from negligent supervision. This means that the daycare facility was not watching your child closely enough, and this led directly to the injuries. There are two main types of negligent supervision claims: those arising from inattention and those arising from failed supervision.
- Inattention claims arise from neglecting to provide a child with adequate supervision, minimizing risk of injury. An example might be a daycare provider talking on a cellphone instead of supervising children on the playground.
- Claims from failed supervision usually refer to something that a daycare facility did or did not do that led to injury. For example, a facility may not have sufficient staff to properly supervise all the children or may leave a gate open for a child to escape onto a roadway.
What Should I Do if My Child Comes Home With an Injury?
If your child suffers harm at daycare, and you think the facility is responsible, take the following actions.
- Seek appropriate medical care. The absolute priority is your child’s health. Complete all necessary medical treatments and get your child on the road to recovery. Ask for copies of all your child’s medical records, as these could prove important to a later investigation.
- Ask for a copy of the incident report. A daycare facility often has an obligation to file an incident report after a child sustains an injury while in its care. This report may provide information that will prove valuable to your case.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. The attorneys at Freedland Harwin Valori, PL, have in-depth knowledge about Florida negligent supervision law. Contact our firm for a free initial consultation and see how we can help.
To gain compensation for your child’s injuries, you must show that your daycare provider was negligent. In legal terms, this means you must prove that the facility failed to prevent an injury that was foreseeable. You must also establish that this breach of duty directly led to your child’s injuries. Together, these concepts make up the theory of negligence, which is essential to establishing legal grounds for a personal injury claim.
Your Next Steps
A serious injury to your child is a traumatic experience and pursuing legal action can be extremely complex. This is where the attorneys at Freedland Harwin Valori, PL, can help. We have long been advocates for parents of injured children and help them gain compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses associated with their child’s accident. For more information on the personal injury claims process or to schedule a free case evaluation with our firm, please call us or contact us online.
free consultation anytime, anywhere.
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED
- BIKE ACCIDENTS
- BRAIN INJURY
- BUS ACCIDENTS
- CHEMICAL BURNS
- DAYCARE INJURIES
- DELIVERY TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT VICTIMS
- ELDER ABUSE
- ELECTROCUTION INJURIES
- HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENTS
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
- NEGLIGENT SECURITY
- PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
- PLAYGROUND ACCIDENTS
- PREMISES LIABILITY
- SEXUAL ABUSE
- SPINE INJURY
- TEXTING AND DRIVING ACCIDENTS
- TRAIN ACCIDENTS
- TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- UBER OR RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS
- UNDERINSURED MOTORIST ACCIDENTS
- WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
Damages Jury Verdict on behalf of the family of a 34-year-old woman who bled to death during childbirth. With the assistance of top experts, we were able to demonstrate that doctors did not follow proper safety protocols, forcing the defendants to admit liability shortly before trial.
A settlement won on behalf of the family of a 47 year old woman whose death resulted from the use of a dangerous pharmaceutical drug. We proved the manufacturer knew of the dangerous side effects & did not provide proper warning.
A settlement on behalf of a child who suffered a brain injury as a result of oxygen deprivation during birth. Through years of tactical and technical litigation, we were able to prove that the nurses and physicians both failed to intervene and prevent the brain injury.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
A settlement on behalf of a middle-aged man who was read ended by a waste management truck.
NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE
A settlement on behalf of the family of an elderly man who died as a result of being neglected and uncared for by a nursing home.
I met Dan when I was in therapy and he came and right away it felt like a family member visiting you, a connection, like a brother. He’s been on both sides of the fence. He’s represented the hospitals and the doctors, and then he jumped over to the other side. It is a fantastic group, it was like Bell Belichick leading the team. They changed my life and still check on me. I recommend FHV to anybody and they thank me.
I met Dan about a year ago. He never made me feel that it was about the money. When he spoke with me he was asking how Bill (my brother) was and if he was doing better. He made me feel like family and always asked if I was alright. That means a lot. Everyday is something new and I challenge for my brother. I would recommend [FHV] to everybody because I really believe that they’re helping from their hearts… from a really good place.
For anyone to represent anyone for 5 years and take the time to do it, not once just “get it out of the way” and “get it done with”. It was about what was best for Hunter and our family. It was about the case and the people.
MAIN OFFICE - FORT LAUDERDALE
550 S Andrews Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
CORAL GABLES OFFICE
999 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134