Premises Liability Attorney in Florida
Table of Contents
Premises liability refers to the idea that everyone must exercise reasonable care regarding their property. Property owners must take precautions regarding the ownership and maintenance of their property in order to minimize the risk of injury. Slip and fall injuries are the most common type of claim, however, premises liability is a very broad area of personal injury law. Any of the following may lead to a premises liability claim:
- Swimming pool injuries or drowning
- Incidents arising from negligent security (assault, etc.)
- Elevator or escalator injuries
- Dog bites
- Injuries from snow and ice
- Amusement park injuries
- Injuries from asbestos or lead
If you sustained an injury on any public or private premises, you may have legal grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Contact a personal injury attorney for a free case evaluation.
What is Negligence?
Premises liability cases are based on a legal concept known as “negligence.” Simply, this means that a property owner’s action or inaction led directly to your injuries. To pursue a personal injury claim under premises liability law, all the following must apply:
- The owner of a property knew, or should have known, about a dangerous condition on their premises. This could be a broken staircase, slippery surface, tripping hazard, or even a poorly lit campus walkway.
- Despite knowing about this hazard, the property owner did not take steps to fix it (committed negligence).
- This negligence led to your injuries, and you suffered damages as a result.
Types of Damages in a Premises Liability Case
Florida law allows victims of negligence to pursue a couple types of damages in a personal injury claim:
- Economic damages compensate for medical expenses, lost wages, the cost of rehabilitation and therapy, and any loss in earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages compensate victims of negligence for the intangible losses associated with the accident. This includes pain, suffering, loss of partnership and consortium, and any loss in life quality.
Your Next Steps
If you or a loved one incurred an injury on someone else’s property, you might be full of questions:
- “How will I pay for my medical bills?”
- “How will I make up for missed work?”
- “How will I provide for my family while I’m healing?”
A personal injury claim can help you answer all these questions and more. At Freedland Harwin Valori, PL, we believe you should never have to pay the price for someone else’s negligence. Call our office today to schedule a free initial consultation. Put our extensive experience and track record of success to work for you!
free consultation anytime, anywhere.
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED
- BIKE ACCIDENTS
- BRAIN INJURY
- BUS ACCIDENTS
- CHEMICAL BURNS
- DAYCARE INJURIES
- DELIVERY TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT VICTIMS
- ELDER ABUSE
- ELECTROCUTION INJURIES
- HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENTS
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
- NEGLIGENT SECURITY
- PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
- PLAYGROUND ACCIDENTS
- PREMISES LIABILITY
- SEXUAL ABUSE
- SPINE INJURY
- TEXTING AND DRIVING ACCIDENTS
- TRAIN ACCIDENTS
- TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- UBER OR RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS
- UNDERINSURED MOTORIST ACCIDENTS
- WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
Damages Jury Verdict on behalf of the family of a 34-year-old woman who bled to death during childbirth. With the assistance of top experts, we were able to demonstrate that doctors did not follow proper safety protocols, forcing the defendants to admit liability shortly before trial.
A settlement won on behalf of the family of a 47 year old woman whose death resulted from the use of a dangerous pharmaceutical drug. We proved the manufacturer knew of the dangerous side effects & did not provide proper warning.
A settlement on behalf of a child who suffered a brain injury as a result of oxygen deprivation during birth. Through years of tactical and technical litigation, we were able to prove that the nurses and physicians both failed to intervene and prevent the brain injury.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
A settlement on behalf of a middle-aged man who was read ended by a waste management truck.
NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE
A settlement on behalf of the family of an elderly man who died as a result of being neglected and uncared for by a nursing home.
I met Dan when I was in therapy and he came and right away it felt like a family member visiting you, a connection, like a brother. He’s been on both sides of the fence. He’s represented the hospitals and the doctors, and then he jumped over to the other side. It is a fantastic group, it was like Bell Belichick leading the team. They changed my life and still check on me. I recommend FHV to anybody and they thank me.
I met Dan about a year ago. He never made me feel that it was about the money. When he spoke with me he was asking how Bill (my brother) was and if he was doing better. He made me feel like family and always asked if I was alright. That means a lot. Everyday is something new and I challenge for my brother. I would recommend [FHV] to everybody because I really believe that they’re helping from their hearts… from a really good place.
For anyone to represent anyone for 5 years and take the time to do it, not once just “get it out of the way” and “get it done with”. It was about what was best for Hunter and our family. It was about the case and the people.
MAIN OFFICE - FORT LAUDERDALE
550 S Andrews Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
CORAL GABLES OFFICE
999 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134