Legal Assistance for Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer
Did a medical professional misdiagnose your condition or failed to diagnose a loved one’s condition? Our medical malpractice attorneys are here to help. Call us today for a free case evaluation.
Table of Contents
Breast cancer can be a fast-growing disease that relies on early detection for the best possible patient prognosis. Most patients understand that the earlier breast cancer is detected, the better it is for the patient. Failure to diagnose (FTD) breast cancer due to physician negligence or a radiology error is one of the types of medical malpractice that could make an otherwise treatable breast cancer case terminal. The lawyers at Freedland Harwin Valori Gander, PL have years of experience handling FTD cancer claims in Florida. Contact us to discuss your rights and the possibilities of a lawsuit during a free initial case evaluation with one of our attorneys.
How Might Breast Cancer be Missed by a Doctor?
Unfortunately, misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis can occur even if the physician does everything in his or her power to correctly identify the problem. If, however, a reasonable doctor would have been able to make the breast cancer diagnosis sooner, the defendant could be guilty of malpractice. The following are examples of scenarios which could point to medical malpractice in breast cancer cases:
- Missed cancer signs on a mammogram and/or ultrasound. A delay in the diagnosis of breast cancer could result from the radiology department breaking imaging protocol and/or misinterpreting the results of a scan. Failure to take due care in reviewing the results of a mammogram or ultrasound could lead to the professional overlooking signs of breast cancer and missing a timely diagnosis.
- Failure to conduct the correct type of mammogram or ultrasound. There are two types of mammograms a radiology center can conduct: 1) a screening mammogram and 2) a diagnostic mammogram. Screening mammograms are regular scans done on an annual basis. A diagnostic mammogram, on the other hand, serves the purpose of detecting cancer if the patient presents with an abnormality or has a previous history of breast cancer Ordering the wrong type of diagnostic study could result in a botched diagnosis.
- Failure to follow appropriate guidelines for breast cancer diagnosis. The American College of Radiology (ACR) sets guidelines for how physicians and radiologists must conduct mammograms and analyze results. Ignoring these guidelines to save time or out of incompetence can result in FTD. Reviewing and being familiar with the ACR guidelines can help a patient create a case against a negligent practitioner.
If a patient visits a doctor because he or she suspects breast cancer from self-evaluation, the doctor must order appropriate tests to investigate further. If during a screening mammogram the patient presents with visuals of breast cancer in scans, it is up to the radiology center to accurately and promptly make a diagnosis. Early detection is critical in treating breast cancer, as a patient’s chance of survival can decrease significantly with prolonged lack of treatment. Worsened prognoses, inoperable breast cancer, or death because of the failure to recognize and diagnose on time can be medical malpractice.
Talk to Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Florida
No one deserves to suffer a decreased survival rate or wrongful death because of a physician’s negligent failure to diagnose breast cancer. Our medical malpractice lawyers are passionate about protecting the rights of Florida’s patients. We can go up against major hospitals, radiology centers, and doctors in pursuit of justice and financial recovery for our clients. If you believe you have grounds to file a claim because of FTD breast cancer, contact our headquarters. We’ll schedule a no-cost case evaluation, so you can learn more about your rights as an injured patient or a loved one of the deceased. Call (954) 467-6400 today.
free consultation anytime, anywhere.
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED
- BIRTH TRAUMA
- EMERGENCY ROOM MISTAKES
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE OR MISDIAGNOSIS – CANCER
- FAILURE OR DELAY IN DIAGNOSIS OF SEPSIS
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE AND TREAT GESTATIONAL DIABETES
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE BREAST CANCER
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE HEART ATTACK
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT AORTIC DISSECTION
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE PNEUMONIA
- FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE PULMONARY EMBOLISM
- FAILURE TO TREAT STROKE
- HOSPITAL MALPRACTICE
- INTRAVENOUS INFILTRATION
- MEDICATION ERRORS
- MEDICATION OVERDOSE
- NEGLIGENT FETAL MONITORING
- OB/GYN ERRORS
- PACU ERRORS
- PLASTIC SURGERY ERRORS
- PREOPERATIVE CLEARANCE ERROR
- PSYCHIATRIC MALPRACTICE
- RADIOLOGY ERRORS
- SPINE SURGERY MISTAKES
- STILLBIRTH & MISCARRIAGE MALPRACTICE
- SURGERY CENTER ERRORS
- SURGICAL ERRORS
Damages Jury Verdict on behalf of the family of a 34-year-old woman who bled to death during childbirth. With the assistance of top experts, we were able to demonstrate that doctors did not follow proper safety protocols, forcing the defendants to admit liability shortly before trial.
A settlement won on behalf of the family of a 47 year old woman whose death resulted from the use of a dangerous pharmaceutical drug. We proved the manufacturer knew of the dangerous side effects & did not provide proper warning.
A settlement on behalf of a child who suffered a brain injury as a result of oxygen deprivation during birth. Through years of tactical and technical litigation, we were able to prove that the nurses and physicians both failed to intervene and prevent the brain injury.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
A settlement on behalf of a middle-aged man who was read ended by a waste management truck.
NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE
A settlement on behalf of the family of an elderly man who died as a result of being neglected and uncared for by a nursing home.
I met Dan when I was in therapy and he came and right away it felt like a family member visiting you, a connection, like a brother. He’s been on both sides of the fence. He’s represented the hospitals and the doctors, and then he jumped over to the other side. It is a fantastic group, it was like Bell Belichick leading the team. They changed my life and still check on me. I recommend FHV to anybody and they thank me.
I met Dan about a year ago. He never made me feel that it was about the money. When he spoke with me he was asking how Bill (my brother) was and if he was doing better. He made me feel like family and always asked if I was alright. That means a lot. Everyday is something new and I challenge for my brother. I would recommend [FHV] to everybody because I really believe that they’re helping from their hearts… from a really good place.
For anyone to represent anyone for 5 years and take the time to do it, not once just “get it out of the way” and “get it done with”. It was about what was best for Hunter and our family. It was about the case and the people.